Q: What is the best way to ensure that the curriculum is consistently delivered across subjects, year groups and key stages?
A: Design a quality assurance system where the incremental components are carefully crafted and communicated so that all staff know the part they play in the successful delivery of a curriculum that is rich in knowledge and develops the skills learners need to access that knowledge.
We have new course that focuses on how to create a QA system in your school:
Q: How can leaders and managers create the culture that ensures that good and best practice in teaching and learning is shared and opportunities for further development decided upon to incrementally build excellence?
A: Lead a coaching culture and create opportunities for leaders, managers and teachers to learn the coaching skills that will allow them to tease out their strengths, identify their gaps and focus on small steps and positive actions that will enhance their potential and allow them to continuously improve their performance. We have the sequence of courses to support your school on the journey towards a coaching culture.
- Leading a Coaching Culture in a School or College – leading outstanding futures
- Leading from the Middle in Education – How to use coaching to influence change, build outstanding teams and foster innovation
- Coaching Towards Outstanding Teaching and Learning – creating the pedagogy for excellence and improvement in the classroom
Q: How can subject leaders empower their teams to create the curriculum that weaves skills and knowledge to deepen understanding and deliver a visionary, ambitious and innovative curriculum?
A: Ensure strong subject teams use professional learning conversations and coaching skills so that there is a consensus about how to build on prior learning, sequence that learning towards clearly defined end points and decide how the knowledge and skills will be consistently assessed and moderated. Join us for a ‘deep dive’ into how to create strong subject teams that work together and also share cross curricular collaboration. Defining and Enhancing the Role of the Subject Leader
Then focus on assessment,
- Creating the pedagogy of challenge, progression and deeper learning in the primary school
- Formative Assessment – Create the pedagogy of challenge, progression and deep learning in secondary school
For an in-depth review of the story so far in relation to the need to focus on curriculum intent, implementation and impact and defining quality follow the posts on our website here.