Senior Leadership Coaching Programme
Leading Excellence through Coaching for Senior Leadership Teams in Schools
This programme is for teams of senior, middle or subject leaders who will learn how coaching is an essential leadership skill that unlocks the potential of others and cascades the highest quality learning and teaching
A powerful programme of learning, practice, reflection and empowering change and challenge
- Work with expert coaches to enhance your leadership and coaching skills and focus on how to create and maintain a coaching culture within a school, college, trust or alliance
- Maintain the presence that ensures you lead others to accept responsibility for change and challenge
- Develop as a coach and empower others to know their own strengths, find their own solutions and create teams that deliver the vision and ambition for all learners
- Create professional learning communities that work together to ensure there is a cohesive and collaborative approach to the planning and delivery of the curriculum and other essential elements of leading an organisation in an education setting
- Learn the feedback and feed forward techniques that mean all staff are part of a process that leads to the highest quality learning outcomes and where continuing professional development is an integral part of the planning process
- Be a part of a growing number of educators who can see that coaching is the way to create an outstanding school where there is a synergy and belief in excellence and high – quality outcomes for all
Coaching for Leadership 1
Leading and empowering to realise the vision
Set the scene by having the language, the confidence and the commitment to clearly state the purpose and rationale for your vision then find the voice to empower others to deliver your goal for success
Foster in others the realisation that they have the potential to share in ambitious strategies for change and challenge.
Reflect on your own strengths, know your gaps and your own learning agenda. Plan how to build on your skills as a leader and be a visible and determined advocate for excellence and continuous improvement.
Coaching for leadership 2
Create a cohesive culture of excellence and deep learning
Build a compelling and confident presence. Create a culture of excellence that focuses on learning at the heart of every strategic decision.
Manage change and challenge and build resilient and effective teams that ignite the spark of innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Develop the leadership skills that will empower others to find their own solutions, be resilient and positive in their interactions with others and deliver the positive and productive change and challenge.
Coaching for Leadership 3
Sustain and grow powerful systems and structures
Lead so that the systems and structures you create are sustainable and have a lasting impact on learning, progression and continuous improvement.
Maintain the momentum so that talented, resourceful and resilient teams continue to translate the vision, rationale and ambition to deliver high quality learning for all.
Know that you have the trust to lead with confidence, that you are aware of and nurture the potential of others and that you have the power to elevate and accelerate towards a learning culture.
Why learn to lead a coaching culture?
What is the structure of the programme?
- A suite of pre-course reading and activities to prepare the ground prior to the first session which will always be scheduled to run at the beginning of a new academic year or term
- Three in-depth training days or six half days run either in-house or online over twelve months where we will explore the synergy between leadership and coaching.
1) Leading and empowering to realise the vision
2) Creating a cohesive culture of excellence and deep learning
3) Sustaining and growing powerful systems and structures
- Between each of the actual training sessions participants can access a suite of coaching sessions where your coach/trainer will be there to be a supportive listener and advocate where individuals can share their goals, their successes and barriers and focus on how to maintain a momentum
- We advise keeping a log of progress towards achieving the goals set at the beginning of the programme and for participants to engage in up to 20 hours of coaching with colleagues and others across the duration of the programme. Learning how to coach is without doubt one of the best opportunities any leader can have in their pursuance of excellence and high quality educational outcomes for all staff and learners.
Who is this programme for?
Senior leaders including Headteachers, Principals and members of the senior leadership team, will gain a range of skills and outstanding insights into how to be an exceptional school leader. The opportunity for some pre-learning and reading prior to the training is highly beneficial and the opportunities to use some of the post webinar resources, activities and tools and techniques make sure this course continues to be of value for several months if not years. The focus on coaching means it will complement some of the materials and activities included with the National Professional Qualifications especially NPQH and NPQSL.
CEOs and other leaders working in Multi Academy Trusts and Teaching School Alliances, there are huge benefits from learning how to coach as part of being the leader of a multi organisational trust or alliance. Visible and strong leadership is essential in building trust and creating the right culture that leads to collaboration and a collective vision is essential. Using coaching as part of a strategy where change is a necessary part of making a difference is proven to work well.
Aspiring leaders and those with responsibility for CPD or NPQs, having confidence in how to use coaching skills as part of professional learning especially for those aspiring to lead in the future or who are part of the repertoire of individuals charged with professional development is profound. Coaching is powerful as part of feedback for observation, part of excellent interview technique and as part of creating the right approach to appraisal, meeting structures and being a member of a professional learning community or action learning set.
We offer a Certificate in Leadership from Learning Cultures Limited on completion of this programme.
The programme will provide evidence of up to 30 hours of CPD for those who take part. The content complements but will not duplicate any of the National Professional Qualifications.
Get in Touch
To discuss this programme in more detail, emailing email@example.com or telephone 01746 765076 or use our Contact us page to set out your requirements and we will get back to you.
Senior Leadership Individual
18th January 2023
£1500 + VAT
Senior Leadership Teams
3 – 5 people
£4550 + VAT
Senior Leadership Teams
6 – 9 people
£6300 + VAT
Senior Leadership Teams
9 + people
£8750 + VAT