Crossing the Transition Bridge KS2 to KS3 – Digital Download
Thank you for choosing the download option to “Crossing the Transition Bridge KS2 to KS3”.
All of our courses are available for you to download and access on any device, anywhere, anytime!
You can work through the content at your own pace whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
What will you achieve by completing this this course?
There is a well-researched dip in performance of learners from the end year 6 to the end of year 7 of anything up to 40%. Imagine turning this around so that dip is turned into an increase in learning and achievement. In this course we look at strategies that can improve the process of transition especially focusing on learning, creating curriculum cohesion, greater opportunities for partnership working and managing change for pupils.
Creating seamless learning across the transition bridge has a significant impact on the rest of a pupil’s secondary school life. We use outstanding research and innovative ideas to strengthen partnerships and ensure pupils build on prior learning, deepen their knowledge and continue to remain competent in a range of skills that pupils were taught and have practised from early years to year 6.
What will be covered in the course?
- Review how to ensure there are opportunities to work closely with all stakeholders to build a transition policy that delivers seamless academic as well as pastoral transition
- Look at the deep curriculum content included in the programmes of study across all subjects in key stage 2 and what is included as part of SATs so that all secondary subject teachers plan to build on prior learning that deepens knowledge and understanding across year 7, throughout key stage 3 and as a springboard for GCSEs and beyond
- Provide resources that enable teachers in both phases to talk about a common pedagogy, assessment methodology and learning strategies to ensure pupils can continue to learn and progress across the transition bridge
- Focus specifically on literacy and numeracy and the essential emphasis on both that is a focus of primary education
- Share best practice examples of how some schools are successfully building highly effective partnerships between primary and secondary settings
Certificate on Completion
A certificate of completion is awarded to participants who completed all of the tasks on the course to a satisfactory level.
We believe passionately that great teachers have a lasting impact and Learning Cultures is here to help and support you through your coaching journey. If you have any questions or need further information or support, please Contact Us or call us on 01746 765076
Lets Get Started!
Crossing the Transition Bridge Course Materials (Download/Print)