Instructional Coaching - exploring the 7 principles of partnership Following on from my article of last week Instructional Coaching - a pedagogy for learning I want to explore the principles of partnership that underpin the theoretical framework that explains why...
Crossing the Transition Bridge from KS2 to KS3 5th October 2023 Bridgnorth
Creating seamless learning across the transition bridge as pupils move from their primary to their secondary school has a significant impact on the rest of a pupil’s secondary school life. We have innovative approaches that make a difference.
How to foster partnerships and ensure a learning platform that builds on prior learning and prepares pupils for year 7 and beyond
How will this course benefit you?
There is a well-researched dip in performance of learners during transition from the end year 6 to the end of year 7 of anything up to 40%. Imagine turning this around so that dip is turned into an increase in learning and achievement. In this course we look at strategies that can improve the process of transition especially focusing on learning, creating curriculum cohesion, greater opportunities for partnership working and managing change for pupils.
Creating seamless learning across the transition bridge has a significant impact on the rest of a pupil’s secondary school life. We use outstanding research and innovative ideas to strengthen partnerships and ensure pupils build on prior learning, deepen their knowledge and continue to remain competent in a range of skills that pupils were taught and have practised from early years to year 6.
What will be covered in the course?
- Setting the scene – creating seamless learning
- Creating effective partnerships to overcome challenges to a positive transition
- Using a range of tools and resources to support a shared understanding on pedagogy, and the specific teaching of literacy, numeracy and metacognition
- A specific focus on assessment and gaining a deeper understanding of what and how learning is assessed in the primary school and as part of year 7
- Planning a transition policy and strategy – some planning tools and reflecting on next steps
Setting the scene – creating seamless learning
- Setting the scene – turning a year 7 dip in performance into successful progression for all pupils
- An opportunity to assess your current strategy for transition, what works well and reflecting on change and challenge
- A review of some of the positive approaches that are proven to make a real difference
- Creating a continuum of learning across the transition bridge
Creating effective partnerships to overcome challenges to a positive transition
Other Upcoming Courses
Coaching for Cover Supervisors 25th September 2023 Manchester£295.00 Learn More
The role of the Cover Supervisor is never easy. Learning to coach gives more confidence in the classroom to develop skills that support the interactaction with pupils and to feedback positively.
Coaching and the Pastoral Role in a School or College 12th November 2023 Manchester£295.00 Learn More
Pastoral leaders will develop a range of coaching skills that can have a significant impact on the well-being, behaviour and motivation of pupils. Coaching is about empathy, listening and having the patience and insight to support pupils.
An Introduction to Coaching in an Education Setting 24th October 2023 London£295.00 Learn More
Coaching enhances well-being, it is highly motivating and creates a culture where all staff work together, share their best practice, build new strategies for change and challenge and are trusted be a part of the solution.
Instructional Coaching - a Pedagogy for Learning "Instructional coaches partner with teachers to analyse current reality, set goals, identify and explain teaching strategies to meet goals and provide support until the goals are met." Jim Knight The Impact Cycle...
CPD and curriculum cohesion CPD should be at the forefront of the planning process for those who define ambitious targets that will realise the vision for continuous whole school improvement. The complex weaving of subject concepts, knowledge and depth of...